This screencast demonstrates the small language changes that are part of Open JDK 7, which is available from the Open JDK website. It demonstrates multi-catch, try with resources, strings in switch statements, underscores in literals, and the diamond operator.
I've made a lot of screencasts and blog posts over the years. If you like this, then there are many ways to see the other stuff I've done:
- My main blog: http://hamletdarcy.blogspot.com
- My other JetBrains.tv posts: http://tv.jetbrains.net/tags/hamlet
- IDEA related posts on my blog: http://hamletdarcy.blogspot.com/search/label/IDEA
- My screencasts on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HamletDRC
- IDEA related Posts on my work blog: http://www.canoo.com/blog/tag/idea/
- Or follow me on Twitter: @HamletDRC
The screencast was created with Ubuntu 10.04, PiTiVi, Audicity, gtk-RecordMyDesktop, IntelliJ IDEA, and LibreOffice. OS from top to bottom.
Thanks for watching, and leave a comment or upvote the video on DZone!»